Friday 1 October 2010

Creative License?

I recorded the entire first season of Vampire Diaries (hurrah for V+) a while back and figured that as the second season is about to start airing I should really start watching it lol.

I have read all the books to date so was really looking forward to watching it but wow.....have they messed it up.  I am only 3 episodes in and already I have no idea what is gonna happen next because it bares little relation at all to the books.  Frankly, if I was the author i'd be a tad pissed.

To highlight a little of what I mean, here are some examples.

Books - Helena = Blonde
Series - Helena = Brunette
Books - Best friends are Bonnie & Meredith, Caroline is ex best friend who takes the hump when Helena starts seeing Stefan.
Series - Best friends Bonnie & Caroline.  Meredith so far doesn't exist.
Books - Bonnie is a half-pint redhead
Series - Bonnie is coloured.
Books - Helena's parents die in car crash leaving her and 4 year old sister to be raised by aunt and uncle to be.
Series - Helena's parents die in car crash leaving her and 15 year old brother to be raised by aunt.

I mean wtf?

I know that they cant put every single detail from the books in the series....I expected that.  But at least attempt to follow the story and the characters should be the same.  Not sure if this is going to ruin it for me or not yet.  I watch approximately one program every other year and they ruin this one for me....sigh.

On a plus note....I made 4 new CU overlays today  Made them in photoshop.  They aren't in store yet but I will add them tomorrow.  Here's a peek though
Ah well.....off to check the emails before bed.  Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment